Start Here, Go Anywhere
Our Graduate Development Program is unique - applying to work with us is the start of an amazing journey. Start Here, Go Anywhere.
The 2017 Graduate Development Program gave me the opportunity to contribute to big reform projects which will work towards a better and more secure Australia. Being a graduate within the Department means you get the best learning and development opportunities as well as making some great friendships across the cohort.
The Department of Home Affairs is a global organisation dedicated to the protection and prosperity of Australia. We have people in every Australian state and territory and in 53 locations around the world.
We are an innovative and high-profile Department responsible for:
- immigration and customs border policy
- national security and law enforcement policy
- emergency management, including crisis management and disaster recovery
- countering terrorism policy and coordination
- cyber security policy and coordination
- countering foreign interference
- critical infrastructure protection
- multicultural affairs
- countering violent extremism programs
- transport security.
When you work with us, you are part of a diverse and dynamic workforce. We offer our graduates the most interesting opportunities and unique experiences an organisation can provide.
Our Department represents the diversity we have across the community.
We believe our differences drive innovation, and our varied backgrounds help to broaden our perspective. The skills and knowledge you have gained through university and work experience can be of great value to this Department and make a real difference to Australians.