Preparing an annual report is a legislative requirement under section 46(1) of the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013 (PGPA Act). It is one of two core elements of the enhanced Commonwealth performance framework, which addresses measurement and reporting. The second core element of the enhanced framework is the annual corporate plan.
Annual Reports are designed to be a comprehensive report on the operations and financial reporting for Commonwealth entities. They summarise our activities and outcomes achieved throughout the year along with analysis of our current position and future plans. They are prepared annually and set out as follows:
- departmental overview
- key performance measures of the portfolio
- the portfolio performance against key measures
- management and accountability
- financial statements of the Department.
For further information, or if you need an alternative accessible version of the annual report publications, please contact
Deregulation Annual Reports
The Department has delivered on the Australian Government's policy intent underpinning the deregulation agenda and implemented a red tape reduction programme.
Home Affairs Portfolio – Annual Reports
As independent entities under the PGPA Act, agencies within the Home Affairs Portfolio maintain individual Annual Reports. These can be found on the websites for the following agencies:
- the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commissioner (ACIC)
- the Australian Federal Police (AFP)
- the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO)
- the Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre (AUSTRAC).