The Transport security coordination team (TSCT), within the Office of Transport Security, manage the following activities:
- receive reporting of transport security incidents, where there has been an act or threat of unlawful interference against an aircraft, airport, maritime transport vessel or offshore facility
- monitoring of regulatory compliance for vessels entering Australian waters
- processing requests for unaccompanied baggage and screening exemption requests
- approval of persons-in-custody travel applications.
Phone: 1300 791 581 (in Australia)
Phone: +61 2 6274 8187 (outside Australia)
Department of Home Affairs
Transport Security Coordination Team
Aviation and Maritime Security Division
PO Box 25
Belconnen, ACT 2616
Facsimile: +61 2 6274 6089
Hours of operation
9 am–5 pm Monday to Friday (Canberra time).
Urgent notifications and requests
The TSCT phone number can be called outside of these times for urgent notifications or requests including:
- the reporting of a
transport security incident, where there has been an act or threat of unlawful interference against an aircraft, airport, maritime transport vessel or offshore facility
- unaccompanied baggage requests
- baggage and dignitary screening exemptions
- urgent special event zone approvals.
Information for travellers about aviation security
Information for travellers can be found at the below links, alternatively you can contact the airline or airport you will be travelling with.