Do I need to have a current visa while my ministerial intervention request is being dealt with?

To stay in Australia while your request for ministerial intervention is being dealt with you must hold a visa. If you do not have a current visa, the Minister might not consider your case and you might be detained and removed.

You might be able to get a Bridging visa E to stay in Australia while the Minister considers your request. You can visit one of our offices to apply for a Bridging visa E. If you get a Bridging visa E, you can stay in Australia lawfully while you are waiting for an outcome.

Frequently Asked Questions