What immigration information do I need to provide with my Convention Travel Document or Certificate of Identity application?

When you apply for a Convention Travel Document (CTD) or Certificate of Identity (COI) the Australian Passport Office (APO) must be satisfied of your identity and your Australian visa status.

To demonstrate your current visa status you can provided to the APO  one of the following documents:

  • Document for Travel to Australia (DFTTA) issued at the time of your original travel to Australia
  • Visa Evidence Card (also known as a PLO56)
  • visa grant notification letter from the Department of Home Affairs
  • ImmiCard
  • Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) print-out.

The immigration information contained on the above documents will be verified by APO using the Department of Home Affairs systems.

More information is available on the Australian Passport Office website.

Frequently Asked Questions