Other Family queue release dates and processing times
As at February 2018, we have released for final processing:
- Carer visa applications with a queue date up to 19 June 2016
As at November 2018 we have released for final processing:
- Remaining Relative visa applications with a queue date up to 2 August 2011
- Aged Dependent Relative visa applications with a queue date up to 2 August 2011
This information is only updated when final processing dates are extended.
Once the number of visa places that are available in the current year is reached, applications that have been queued and released for final processing, but are not yet finalised, will be considered for a place in a subsequent year.
Processing times for Other Family visa applications are calculated each year and may vary due to a number of factors including:
- Changes in planning levels
- The number of visa lodgements, withdrawals and refusals
- Administrative Appeals Tribunal remits
- Ministerial Intervention cases
- Changes to processing directions.
Based on current planning levels and the allocation of the majority of Other Family category places to Carer visa applications, it is currently estimated that Carer visa applications that meet the criteria to be queued, are likely to take approximately four and a half years to be released for final processing. The current estimated processing time for Remaining Relative and Aged Dependent Relative visa applications that meet the criteria to be queued is approximately 50 years.