Location when your application is decided

    You can be in Australia (but you do not have to be) when the visa is decided if any of the following applies to you:
  • you hold a Contributory Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 173)
  • you held a Tourist visa (subclass 676) or Visitor visa (subclass 600) which was granted through ministerial intervention at the time of application
  • you are a member of the family unit of a Contributory Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 173) holder
  • you hold a bridging visa.
  • In all other cases, you must be outside Australia when the visa is decided.