Documents for dependents 18 or older

    For every dependent 18 years or older who is applying with you and does not currently hold a subclass 173 visa, provide:
  • identity documents
  • documents about other relationships, if applicable
  • character documents.

Dependency documents

    Provide all of the following:
  • a completed Form 47a - Details of child or other dependent family member aged 18 years or over (238KB PDF)
  • proof of your relationship with the dependent such as a birth or marriage certificate
  • proof that they have been financially dependent on you for at least 12 months immediately before you apply, such as:
    • proof that they live with you
    • proof of current studies or tax records
    • adoption papers or parental court orders, if applicable.