Documents for dependents under 18

    For every dependent under 18 who is applying with you and does not currently hold a subclass 173 visa, provide:
  • identity documents
  • proof of your relationship with the dependent such as a birth or marriage certificate
  • character documents, if applicable.

Parental responsibility documents

    If anyone else has a legal right to decide where your child who is under 18 years of age lives, they must complete either:
  • Form 1229 Consent form to grant an Australian visa to a child under the age of 18 years (125KB PDF)
  • a statutory declaration giving their consent for the child to live in Australia on this visa.

Provide an identity document such as a passport or drivers licence that contains the signature of the person who completed Form 1229 or the statutory declaration.

Provide adoption papers or parental court orders, if applicable.