Child under 18

    If your child is under 18, you can be sponsored by the following if they are 18 years old or older and are a settled Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen:
  • your child’s spouse or de facto partner
  • a relative or guardian of your child
  • a relative or guardian of the child's spouse or de facto partner.
    Alternatively, you can be sponsored by a community organisation if all of the following apply:
  • there is a relationship between the organisation and your child
  • a senior representative of the organisation agrees for their organisation to sponsor you
  • the organisation is lawfully established in Australia
  • the organisation has been actively operating in Australia for at least one year
  • the organisation has the capacity to meet its financial commitments.