If your child is born after you lodge your application but before a decision is made, send us:
- a completed
Form 1022 - Notification of changes in circumstances (266 KB PDF)
- the child’s birth certificate
- the child’s passport, when obtained.
When we receive the form and birth certificate:
- the child will be added to your visa application
- we might request a health check for the child
- if the child was born in Australia, they will automatically be granted the same visa you held at the time of their birth.
If you are eligible for the visa, we will need a copy of your child’s passport before decision.
There is no fee to add a newborn child to your application.