Travel in and out of Australia

If you want to travel outside Australia after five years, you must apply for a Resident Return visa (RRV) to re-enter Australia as a permanent resident.

New Zealand passport holders

New Zealand passport holders should tell the immigration officer at the border that they have a Parent visa. If you do not tell them, you might be granted a Special Category visa (subclass 444).